The Power of a Cooperative
|Taxi Co-op is an association of more than 285 owners - the true heart of the taxi-industry. Each owner has a vested interest in the co-op, therefore it doesn’t matter which cab comes to pick you up, you will always enjoy the highest quality service possible. From a clean and tidy cab inside and out to the highest level of professionalism from our drivers, the service from Taxi Co-op is unrivaled in the industry.
Founded in 1980, Taxi Co-op is one of the best known and most requested taxi services among clients in Montreal. From large corporate clients to private individuals, Taxi Co-op continues to experience phenomenal growth.
Would you like to know more about the Taxi Co-op? We've included the answers to the most frequently asked questions, in the space below.
- In order to meet the needs of our clients, Taxi Co-op has a fleet of 325 cabs, including: 36 mini vans; 10 station wagons; and the majority medium sedan-cars. In addition, 26 of our vehicles are equipped with POS terminals.
- You can order a cab to take you to the airport, railway station, or bus station. You may even call from a municipality other than Montreal, and be taken to the above stated destinations. Our reservation service is available 24/7. Reservations can also be made for special occasions, such as transportation of children to school or group activities.
- Have you accidentally left something in one of our cabs? Please give us a call at (514)725-2128 or fill out the lost and found form. Make sure to leave your contact and trip information, including: the address you ordered the taxi from; the time and date of the order; the destination address; or any other information that can help us identify which car you traveled in. We will call you back if we find your belongings. If your trip was a cab that was hailed in the street, please understand that it will be more difficult to find and identify it the correct vehicle. Any and all information you can give us will help in the recovery of your item.
- If you order a taxi from the representative at our call centers, please specify the payment method you would like to use: bank cards; credit cards (Visa, Amex, Master, En Route); Co-op credit coupons; or other. If you have ordered a taxi at Taxi Co-op, call center and specified your request to the operator and they will make certain to select a driver who will accept the requested payment.
- In addition to traditional taxi service, Taxi Co-op guarantees a secure delivery of your packages. This fast, reliable, guaranteed, and traceable service is available starting at just $11.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with our service, please notify us of the incident, by filling out the comment form provided. We assure you that the incident will receive a thorough examination.
- The drivers of the Taxi Co-op are not Co-op wage workers; they are private entrepreneurs and earn money as cab-drivers during their work shifts.
- If you would like to travel with your pet, make certain to notify the Taxi Co-op call center operator and they will assign a driver who allows the transport of pets. Unless the driver has been notified of the presence of a pet, there is no guarantee that a pet will be accepted for travel, except in instance of assistance-animals.
- Taxi drivers are obliged to drive the passengers to their destination, taking what they believe to be the most direct route, unless the passenger indicates otherwise. If an alternate route is requested, the taxi driver must comply with the wish of the passenger.